Carmen shared a few tips from Kate Battistelli (Francesca Battistelli's mom!) on making your holiday meal prep time stress-free!
Here are my 8 TIPS for making holiday meal prep stress-free!
- Stock up on pantry essentials now, before it gets crazy. Look for sales of the holiday items and pantry foods you love and, buy now.
- Purchase veggies that are pre-washed and cut. You’ll save tons of time! Make sure to check the expiration date.
- Consider prepping, cooking and freezing some of your favorite recipes before the holidays.
- Use your slow cooker. You can use less fancy cuts of meat and the crockpot will make them nice and tender.
- I don’t have one (yet) but I know folks love their Instapots and I’m told they make cooking a breeze! Consider investing in one.
- Buy in bulk whenever you can. I love shopping at Costco or Sam’s and the deals are amazing. Now you can double or triple cook your favorites and have plenty to freeze!
- Your freezer is your friend so fill it up now to make meal prep a breeze when schedules start to get crazy.
- Make lists. I have lists for everything because I’ve learned if it’s not on my list it won’t get done. They help, I promise!